For the spice paste/masala:
1. 2 tsp coriander seeds
2. 1 tsp cumin seeds
3. 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
4. 2 - 3 cloves garlic
5. 1 tbsp chopped fresh ginger (approx a 1in/2.5cm piece)
6. 1/4 tsp salt
7. 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
8. 1/2 tsp paprika
9. 1/2 tsp turmeric
1. 1 tbsp vegetable oil
2. 2 green chilis
3. 1 onion
4. 1 tomato
5. 1 lb haddock 450g or use cod, pollock or other firm white fish
6. 2 tsp tamarind concentrate
7. 1 cup coconut milk 240ml
1. Heat up a small skillet or frying pan to a medium heat and toast all your spices for a couple minutes until they become nice and fragrant. Make sure to stop when the mustard seeds pop!
2. Chop, chop, chop up your garlic and ginger and then crush in your salt to a nice, smooth paste.
3. Add the toasted spices and crush some more! Woohoo!
4. Add the rest of your powdered spices and mix up your paste with haste! Just kidding, there’s no rush :)
5. Dice your chilis and onions as small as possible.
6. Warm your oil in a skillet or frying pan to a medium heat.
7. Cook the onions in the oil for a few minutes until they get nice and soft, like a pillow or cloud :)
8. Add your perfect spice paste and stir everything together like they are meant to be! Cook for a a couple minutes and then add your tomato and chili, until the liquid almost disappears (this should take about one minute).
9. Cut the fish into large bite-sized chunks (or, to the perfect size of your choosing :))
10. Add your tamarind and coconut milk to the pan.
11. Mix, mix, mix it through!
12. Put your chopped fish in mix and cook until cooked through (this shouldn’t take more than a couple of No Worry minutes!
13. Serve over rice! Yum yum yum! That’s a good fishy!