FOR SUGAR SYRUP:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 cardamom, powdered
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
FOR GULAB JAMUN:
- 9 tbsp milk powder
- 3½ tbsp maida / all-purpose flour / plain flour
- 1 tbsp rava / semolina / sooji
- pinch of baking soda
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp ghee / clarified butter
- 4-5 tbsp milk, warm
SUGAR SYRUP RECIPE:
- firstly, in a wide pan take 1 cup of sugar.
- further, to that add 1 cup of water and get to a boil.
- then simmer for 4 minutes till the sugar syrup turns slightly sticky.
- now add cardamom powder.
- also add lemon juice to stop crystallization process.
- cover and keep aside.
GULAB JAMUN RECIPE:
- firstly in a large mixing bowl take milk powder.
- further, to that add maida and rava.
- then add pinch of baking soda
- also add ghee, lemon juice and crumble well.
- slowly add milk little by little and knead well.
- knead to a smooth and soft dough.
- furthermore, make small balls greasing ghee to hands.
- make sure there are no cracks on balls. else there are chances for gulab jamun to break while frying.
- heat the ghee on low flame and when the ghee is moderately hot, fry the jamuns.
- fry the balls on low flame stirring in between.
- fry till the balls turns golden brown.
- immediately, drop the hot jamuns into hot sugar syrup.
- cover the lid and rest for 2 hours. flame should be turned off.
- finally, the jamuns have doubled in size.