No Worries... Curry! Recipes: Mixed Vegetables (Vegan)
- 1/4 cup mustard oil (canola or vegetable oil may be substituted for a less authentic flavor)
- 1 tablespoon mustard seed
- 1 tablespoon whole cumin seeds
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (minced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh jalapeño (minced)
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon fenugreek (optional)
- 1 large cauliflower (chopped)
- 1 cup green peas
- 3 large tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 bell peppers (chopped)
- 2 cups spinach
- Dash of salt (to taste)
- Heat the canola or mustard oil in a large skillet.
- Fry mustard and cumin seeds for a few minutes, just until they begin to crackle.
- Add onions, ginger, and jalapeno pepper, and fry for an additional 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add turmeric, coriander, garam masala and heat for another minute, then add cauliflower, green peas, tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms, and bell peppers.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and heat for 10 to 12 minutes until vegetables are cooked.
- Add spinach and heat just until wilted.
- Season lightly with salt, to taste.
- Pair subji with an Indian-inspired rice dish such as this Indian basmati rice.